Carrick is committed to ensuring
a safe and healthy workplace and protecting the environment.
We believe that safety and protecting the environment is
good business and that all work-related injuries, illnesses,
property losses and adverse environmental impacts are preventable.
To fulfill this commitment,
● Ensure that management
accepts full responsibility for protecting workers and
● Give health, safety and environmental (HSE) considerations
equal status with the Company’s other business objectives
and integrate them into all aspects of our work.
● Work actively to continuously improve health,
safety and environmental performance.
● Only start work after confirming that essential
health, safety and environmental protection systems are
in place, and willingly suspend activities if safety,
health or the protection of the environment would be compromised.
● Encourage supervisors and workers (employees and
contractors) to be individually responsible for identifying
and ieliminating hazards,
preventing injury to themselves and others, and preventing
adverse environmental impacts.
● Provide personnel with sufficient training, resources
● Provide and maintain properly engineered facilities,
plants and equipment.
● Minimize waste generation, air emissions and other
discharges from our activities to the environment.
● Actively monitor, audit and review to improve
systems, processes, health, safety and environmental performance.
● As a minimum, ensure regulatory compliance at
● Hold contractors and third parties accountable
for adhering to the Company’s health, safety and
environmental policy and audit contractor systems and
procedures to ensure satisfactory health, safety and environmental
● Hold supervisors accountable for ensuring and
promoting a safe and healthy workplace and the protection
of the environment within their areas of responsibility
by ensuring that workers are knowledgeable and have access
publications of the latest applicable laws and regulations
health, safety and environment rules and safe work
operating and critical task procedures
emergency response procedures
environmental protection requirements
● Develop, implement and manage a system of accountability
for health, safety and environment roles and responsibilities
at all levels of the company.
● Inform employees and contractors of this policy,
and make it available at all Company worksites.
We firmly believe responsibility
for application of this policy rests with management, employees
and contractors associated with Carrick.